At The Supermarket!

• 12 posts
    January 30, 2023 11:02 AM GMT

Hi,

You know, a strange thing happened to me at the supermarket today! I came out with my shopping and just over the way was a couple having a bit of a rant at each other while they where putting their shopping into their car.

As I looked over, the chap gave me a glare (not that I was staring or anything!) and then threw a block of cheese of all things at me! I was stunned! So I just shouted over to him "That's not very mature!" 

• 16 posts
    May 24, 2023 3:49 PM BST

Have you experienced anymore shopping shenanigans?  I haven't shopped in so long as I have everything delivered now.  I don't miss the shopping part, the downside, is the "shoppers" rarely pick the nice fruit for delivery.

• 12 posts
    May 24, 2023 8:27 PM BST

No shopping shenanigans lately. You  do realize that was a joke above? Regarding having shopping delivered, I have not gone down that route yet. I actually enjoy grocery shopping and as you said about fruit, I like to see it before I buy it same with meat and veg! Plus I enjoy just having a mooch around to see what's on offer! 

• 16 posts
    May 25, 2023 12:12 AM BST

I didn't realize it was a joke...lol   I've actually seen real life stuff like that in parking lots, so to me it was believable

When the pandemic hit and we were all required to stay home, we started having our groceries delivered.  After awhile, it was just about everything delivered.  I do miss the shopping just to shop, like you said, it can be really enjoyable and no one knows how to pick fruit, meats and vege's like we do.  They are always in a hurry to fill your order and you get what you get.

• 12 posts
    May 25, 2023 8:50 AM BST

They are probably trained to get rid of the bad stuff first! As long as they get their money they are not bothered what you get, and let's face it, how many people can be bothered to complain? So they know they can get away with it most of the time! 

• 16 posts
    May 25, 2023 11:23 PM BST

Yeah, I believe that....out with the old first...that's what it feels like and at the prices of fruit now, it's so frustrating to get strawberries almost not eatable at the cost $6.99.

We have extraordinary inflation in the US.  Paper plates used to cost about $4.00.  Now the same size of paper plates are about $10.00.  I'm boycotting buying paper plates now.  Everyone has to wash their own plate.

This post was edited by Harmony at May 25, 2023 11:23 PM BST
    • 12 posts
    May 26, 2023 9:10 AM BST

Hear hear, up the revolution!! 

• 16 posts
    May 26, 2023 3:30 PM BST

Lol....  I just upped the revolt against inflation a bit more yesterday.  Our family likes the little paper Dixie cups for small snacks.  We are just about out of these little cups and yesterday, I went online to buy some more and the price was outrageous for a box.  I said, "nuh-uh", no way am I going to pay that.  Pre-pandemic, an average box of these paper cups cost about $5.00 or a bit under.  Now they are $15.00 for a box of 100.

My savvy family came up with the idea of buying the "steel" version of these 3oz. cups.  I bought 6 count of the 3oz version of these small cups for $24.00.  Done!  No more crazy buying of paper cups.  I've now replaced, paper plates, and small paper cups.  I have an alternative for paper napkins and paper towels, now the challenge is figuring out how to replace that other paper product.